While the flood waters continue to recede, it is important to reiterate that Long Lake remains CLOSED to all recreational boating per the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. Please do not go out on the water.
In the meantime, there are several things you can do if you’ve suffered flood damage.
1. Report your flood damage to your municipality or county here. This reporting will help local governments secure resources for cleanup and recovery.
2. Contact your local Township Assessor as you might qualify for a Disaster Area Reassessment. The appropriate form can be found here.
3. The Multi-Agency Resource Center (MARC) opened in Round Lake Beach where you can connect with the services and resources you need:
Where: 965 E. Rollins, Round Lake Beach (Former Garden Fresh Store)
When: Thursday - 11:00 pm-8:00pm
Friday - 9:00 am-6:00pm
4. Lutheran Church Charities out of Northbrook is offering services to pump out basements and houses that still have standing water.
Contact Kathy O'Day at 847-287-1801.
5. LLISA has been posting daily updates on our Facebook page which can be found here. Please ‘Like’ or ‘Follow’ to keep up with our news feed.