2. The donor list is now posted on the web site. Please let Mandy know if you see any inaccuracies. Additional donations are still being accepted. If you'd like to be recognized on the plaque, please have your donations in by February 1st. Gold ($1000+), Silver ($750+) and Bronze ($500+) donors will be recognized on the plaque. Any donations received beyond the actual project cost will be used to help restore our general funds to pre-project levels.
3. Baxter has committed to purchase the raw material (stainless steel) for the project. This purchase is in progress and the cost IS reflected in the $51,967.17 mentioned above.
4. Fabrication of the actual sluice gate has begun. Jim and Willie are managing this process with the steel fabricator.
5. All required permits from Lake County have been secured. We are still waiting for the permit from the Army Corps of Engineers, which we expect to arrive any day.
6. Groundbreaking will commence when the Army Corps permit is received and when the ground freezes deeper than the current 4" below surface. We will keep you posted regarding the groundbreaking.
7. Finally, Erik has installed a time lapse camera at the dam so that we'll be able to see a video of the entire project upon completion.